Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Sundays are kind of crazy at our house and I've gotten pretty lazy about not fixing a nice "Sunday Dinner". In an effort to do better in this particular area I needed something that was easy and low fuss but still looked and tasted a little more special than tacos or pizza. Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat, it's tender, lean, flavorful and best of all easy to cook. I usually cook it on the grill but it's still cold outside and I'm kind of a baby so the oven was called on instead.

This was truly easy breezy. I typically buy the tenderloins in the package that has 2 pieces and cook them both at the same time. This will easily feed my family twice. That also works well with this recipe as a package of Stove Top stuffing will stuff 2 tenderloins and leave just a little for whichever kid is hanging around in the kitchen. Obviously if you have a favorite stuffing recipe that would work as well, I haven't found one that I love so I use Stove Top. ;)

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

2-2.5 lb pork tenderloin (the package with 2 pieces)
1 box Stove Top Stuffing (I usually use chicken flavor)
3 strips bacon
Your favorite spice mix, seasoning salt, whatever your family likes

1. Make a lengthwise slit about three-fourths of the way through tenderloin; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.
2. Prepare stuffing according to package directions or make your own recipe if so inclined.
3. Season the inside of the tenderloin with salt and pepper etc
4.Spread stuffing on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Close meat and place bacon on top; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. 
5. Bake for 35-40 min at 425. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing. (Use your meat thermometer, don't let it go past 160 degrees. The meat will continue to cook while it rests and you will have dry, tough meat if it cooks beyond 165ish degrees)

No comments: