My neighbor has been diagnosed with Celiac disease and so I have been trying to be more aware of that when planning what I'm going to take. There's nothing fun about going to a pot luck and not being able to eat anything either because it has the dreaded food element in it or you're worried about it being cross contaminated. At least this way she knows she can eat what I bring.
I've been playing with Rice Krispy Treats and this is a good version. One I will definitely do again.
Nutella Rocky Road Treats
¼ cup butter
1 (10½-oz) bag miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup Nutella
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 jar Marshmallow Fluff
1 cup miniature marshmallows
½ cup chopped toasted pecans
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, extending foil 2 inches beyond the edges (this is the best trick EVER!!)
2. In a 6-quart pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula until almost melted.
3. Stir in Nutella and vanilla and continue to stir until mixture is blended and smooth.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal until it's evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
5. Press mixture into pan in an even layer and cool completely.
6. Spread Fluff over cooled cereal in pan. Evenly scatter mini marshmallows, pecans, and chocolate chips on top, gently pressing down to adhere.7. Remove from pan and peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container