Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, June 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Brownie Cupcakes with Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting


It was a crazy week last week at the Jiggle household. Why? Heck if I know but I feel like I just ran around and accomplished nothing. I even had a day off in there but still didn't manage to cook anything. So, I decided to take advantage of being by myself tonight and bake some cupcakes. Yum.

I have a sister in law that brings brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough baked in them to family functions and they are delicious. And, if you use a brownie mix and premade chocolate chip cookie dough they are easy too. I saw this combination in cupcake form on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen about a week ago and was completely entranced by the frosting. Like "I really wanted to just make the frosting but I couldn't justify it to myself without the cupcakes" entranced. I'm not even a really marshmallow fan but this frosting looked like it was out of this world. It was. I licked the bowl after frosting the cupcakes until I was slightly sick but I still wanted more. It was that good.

Chocolate Chip Brownie Cupcakes
adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
1 box brownie mix prepared for cake like brownies
1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough

Preheat the oven to 350. Line 21 muffin tins with cupcake liners

Slice cookie dough into slices and smoosh into the bottom of the muffin tins. You'll probably have some dough left over...just eat it. You know you want to.

Spoon approx 1/4 c. brownie batter over the cookie dough. Fill the cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting
2 sticks butter, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
2 T. milk
3 c. powdered sugar
1/4 powdered cocoa
3 T. chocolate syrup
7 oz jar marshmallow fluff

In a mixing bowl whip the butter, vanilla and milk together until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and cocoa, mix until combined. Add chocolate syrup and increase mixer speed to high. Beat for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.

Using a wooden spoon fold in marshmallow fluff, just until swirled through the frosting. Don't mix it in completely. Pipe or frost cupcakes.

This post linked to:
Cupcake Party
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Your Recipe My Kitchen Sunday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
2 Maids a Baking
Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Tasty Tuesday
Made it on Monday
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday 
Full Plate Thursday 
Everyday Sisters Sharing Sunday

12 comments:

Kim McCallie said...

Oh my goodness! That frosting looks delicious! You do such a great job with your cupcakes. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

Anonymous said...

What a great recipe! Would you come over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" and share some of your recipes?
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!

Kirsten said...

Looks fantastic!

Gloria Baker said...

These look amazing I love marshmallow frosting!! thanks by sharing! gloria

Jenn said...

Chocolate Marshmallow Frosting - oh that sounds divine. I would have licked the bowl too!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Whew! Those cupcakes do look amazing. I think I better not make this or I'd eat it all before I had a chance to put it on the cupcakes :) Thanks for sharing your recipe.

LocalFunForKids said...

I found your blog through the cast party and had to laugh when I read all about your nickname. cute ; )
the marshmallow frosting sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

Chocolate marshmallow frosting?! Hello, that sounds DIVINE!

So glad you linked this up to "Made it on Monday"

Miz Helen said...

Oh my goodness, your cupcakes have to be a chocolate lovers dream. They look delicious! I sure wish I had one right now. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon. Have a great week end!
Miz Helen

Screaming Sardine said...

Oh my, this looks seriously amazing! I love cookie dough and also how easy this is to do. Thanks for sharing this; I'm putting it on my to make list!

I'd love for you to link this and any other cupcake post you have at the month long Cupcake Link Party!

Cheers,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking up your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I wanted to let you know that you were one of the top 3 most viewed recipes. Check in tomorrow to see you if your recipe was in the #1 spot and if I MADE your recipe! Don't forget to grab a featured button too! CONGRATULATIONS!

Ellen Zames said...

YUM these look amazing!

My sisters and I have a linky party every Sunday called Everyday Sisters Sharing Sundays. We pick a theme each week and this week's theme is Chocolate. We would like to invite you to come by and link up your favorite chocolate recipes. The link is opened all week (until Sat) so please come by and say hi.

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com/2011/07/everyday-sisters-sharing-sundays-3.html

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com