Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Freezer Breakfast Burritos

Somehow I've managed to get myself involved in a monthly freezer meal group. I start out thinking that I'm going to be a supportive friend and then wonder how I got myself into these kinds of things. But...it's been a good thing and I've thoroughly enjoyed it....when I'm not panicking because I don't have a plan for what my meal is going to be.

This time I decided to do Breakfast Burritos, because who DOESN'T like a good burrito filled with eggs and cheese and other good things? I made mine with sausage, bacon, and ham because I love the mixed breakfast burritos at Betos. These aren't as big but that's probably a good thing.


Breakfast Burritos
Jill Hansen

1 dozen eggs
¼ c. cream or milk
Your choice of protein (sausage, bacon, ham)
Tater tots or hash browns
Cheese
Enchilada sauce
Burrito sized tortillas

1.      Bake tater tots according to package directions.
2.      Break eggs into blender, add milk or cream. Whip together.
3.      Scramble eggs in skillet. I like to make them a little more “dry” than I would normally.
4.      In tortilla assemble burrito. I add approx. 1 egg, 4 tater tots, 2-3 T enchilada sauce, meat according to your taste or not at all, and ¼ c. cheese.
5.      Roll into tortilla. Wrap in foil
6.      Freeze in a single layer in the freezer. Add to freezer bags when frozen.
7.      To eat: Unwrap foil. Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave 1-2 minutes, until warmed through, or heat in regular oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: