Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, February 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I feel like I've been a total blogging fail this week but I guess it hasn't really been any different than most weeks so I will avoid feeling guilty about the whole thing. :) I had Monday off for President's Day and it gave me some time to catch up on what's going on out there in cyber space with my favorite blogs. This little recipe comes from www.picky-palate.com and I was just totally intrigued with the whole concept of 2 ingredient cookies. It seemed pretty mad scientisty and I had to try it.

As far as the cookies themselves go they were eh. I've had better cookies and I've had worse. The recipe only makes about 18 cookies so the fact that I didn't have to stand there all day baking cookies was a plus but probably not enough incentive to make them again. That said, it was an entertaining hour/experiment. 

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
from Picky-Palate.com

24 snack size peanut butter cups. (the kind you buy in packages of 8 for $1.00)
1 egg

Pulse the peanut butter cups and egg together in your food processor until a dough forms. It's pretty sticky so you may have to use your hands to form the balls. 

Put cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with the bottom of a cup. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt if desired. I did and it was the part I really liked. You could also do sugar. 

Bake for 10ish minutes at 350. Cool on cooling racks, cookies are really crumbly right out of the oven so let them sit on the pan for a few minutes before you try to take them off. 

No comments: