Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ranch Chicken Strips

Ah, Sunday again! Because I have been getting boneless skinless chicken breasts for a really good price lately we have been eating a lot. Now if it were summer I would be grilling like a crazy person so that there aren't any dishes to wash but because Mother Nature seems to be confused and keeps sending us winter rather than spring I'm forced to find alternate ways of chicken prep.

This recipe is one that I "rediscovered" in a binder of Weight Watchers recipes that I've collected over the years. The original recipe was without a doubt much healthier than the version that I made today but, hey, it's Sunday! And, I don't want to think about the scale today so butter is the word of the day.

If you choose to go the WW route switch the butter with egg whites and reduce the amount of Parmesan cheese to 1/4 c. That will bring the NI back into "acceptable" healthy range.

Ranch Chicken Strips

2 lbs chicken strips
1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
cornflakes (I didn't measure, I just dumped and crushed)

In a freezer bag crush the cornflakes and add the dressing mix and Parmesan. Melt the butter in a bowl big enough to dip your chicken strips in.

Dip the chicken in butter; roll in the cornflake mixture. Place on a foil covered sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approx 30 min or until juices run clear. If you use chicken breast halves you will need to cook them for appox 40-45 min.

Easy peasy enjoy!!

No comments: