Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Easy Stuffed French Toast

My camera is in the shop for a couple of weeks. Somehow a little bug managed to get stuck inside the viewfinder and despite my best efforts and a can of air he was staying there forever. Which wouldn't be all bad I suppose, sort of like a bug terrarium but every time I put my eye to the viewfinder to take a picture of a fabulous treat there he was magnified about a gazillion times. It was freaky beyond belief. Roy (B named him and everything) has to go. So while I'm without a camera I was looking through the pics saved on my computer and found this one that is perfect for a Sunday morning.

We love french toast at our house pretty much for any meal. A few weeks ago after a long day it was breakfast for dinner day and we made this stuffed french toast. I only had wheat bread which isn't our preferred slice for this meal but it was still good and "healthy"ish. It's possible the cream cheese and powdered sugar negated all healthy but I'm going to pretend that I don't know that.

This is more of a method than a recipe. I think it would be delicious with PB and bananas or even Nutella and raspberries. Use what you like. If you are super ambitious coat the sandwiches in Cap'n Crunch after they are dipped in egg. Yum.....I may need to have some right now!

Easy Stuffed French Toast

bread (we prefer Texas Toast but anything will do)
2-3 eggs
1/2 c.ish milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
whipped cream cheese
raspberry preserves
1 cup raspberries
1/8-1/4 c. sugar

Make your "sandwiches" with the cream cheese and preserves. In a small sauce pan combine berries and sugar. Heat to a gentle bubble and cook until berries break down and a syrup forms. Set aside.

Preheat a large skillet over med heat. Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in the hot pan.

In a medium bowl mix the eggs, milk, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and vanilla. Dip each sandwich in mixture until coated on both sides.

Place the sandwiches in the pan and brown on both sides. Don't walk away and get distracted by something else (this is my normal MO).

Serve french toast with additional berries, syrup or powdered sugar. 

No comments: