Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet Home Spaghetti

We aren't real spaghetti eaters around here...I don't know whether it's the shape of the noodles or what. We like lasagna so the basic taste doesn't seem to be the problem but at any rate it isn't a dish that we eat very often. I saw this variation on Taste and Tell and thought it looked interesting and like something that maybe would go over better than the traditional spaghetti for a change.

Randy and I liked it, Jeff was not sold on it at all so I'm going to chalk it up to it really comes down to your own individual taste. I have a feeling it will be making a reappearance because honestly I really, really liked it and am looking forward to the leftovers....sorry Jeff. :) I loved the easy prep. Use whatever spaghetti sauce you have on hand, I had Hunt's Traditional so that's what we got. I did adjust the proportions a bit to fit the size of our family from the original recipe but that was the only change I made.

Sweet Home Spaghetti
adapted from Taste and Tell
from the Reluctant Entertainer

1 pound ground beef
1 med sweet onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 (24 oz) jars Italian spaghetti sauce*
1/3 cup sugar, to taste
1 pound dry pasta
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

  1. Cook the meat until browned and cooked through and drain, if needed.
  2. In a separate pan, saute the onion in the olive oil. Add the cooked meat, the sauce and the sugar. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
  3. In the mean time, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain. Mix the sauce with the pasta in a large bowl. Serve with grated Parmesan.

No comments: