Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at the Jiggle household and quite frankly cooking has fallen to the bottom of the priority ladder. Mr. Jiggle is off working overseas for a month, school started for the younger Jiggles and Jiggle herself had to give up the cushy, working from home in her jammies gig and go back to the office every day. That's really cutting into the meal/treat planning, like a lot. Anyway...

Today I had to take dinner to a neighbor and was cruising The Sisters Cafe, as that is one of the very few websites that I can access at work stupid big brother anyway, and this casserole appealed on 2 levels. First it was easy to put together and all the ingredients were already happily residing in my panty and second it was touted as a good freezer meal. I used to be all kinds of organized and regularly did freezer meals for those days that my life was crazy or that I needed to run a dinner somewhere unexpectedly. I've kind of fallen off that wagon with WalMart moving in down the road and really need to get back on it. The planning wagon and the weight loss wagon have both left me laying in the road wondering what exactly happened. Maybe someday I will find the will power to flag them both down and haul myself back up on there. Maybe.

I doubled what was listed and easily got 2 9x9 dishes and a very full 9x13 dish. This is an extremely generous recipe. I froze a small one, took the other small one to the neighbors and baked the bigger one for dinner and lunches. Other than the doubling of the recipe I followed it faithfully. I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow!!

Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake
thesisterscafe.com
servings 10-12

2 generous cups cooked chicken; diced
3/4 lb deli ham; sliced in strips
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 cup Swiss cheese; shredded
2 cups Cheddar cheese; shredded and divided
2 boxes chicken flavor stuffing mix; prepared

1. Prepare baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spread chicken in bottom of dish. Sprinkle with pepper (I just used Johnny's seasoning when I cooked the chicken so I skipped the pepper).
3. Layer ham, Swiss cheese, and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese over the chicken.
4. In a small bowl mix soup and milk until blended. Pour over everything.
5. Spread prepared stuffing over the top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
6. Bake covered for 40-45 min; remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 min.

Linked to:
Tasty Tuesday   Whisking Wednesday  Sweet Indulgences Sunday   
Foodie Wednesday Cast Party Wednesday  Made it on Monday    
Totally Tasty Tuesdays  These Chicks Cooked  2 Maids a Baking   
Melt in Your Mouth Monday  Turning the Table Thursday 

6 comments:

Linda said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to put it on my rotation for church dinners - I think everyone will love it.

I used to visit Sisters Cafe but had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder.

Cindy said...

Looks yummy, it's always fun to share!

Mandy Bird said...

Oh this looks divine! Yumm...

Michelle B said...

This is a fantastic idea! Much easier and less mess. I like that.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful Casserole! Thanks so much for linking up to Made it on Monday! :)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

What an awesome dish....I love everything about it and I don't have to fry the chicken.

Thank you for sharing it at Foodie Wednesday. Hope to see you there today with another great recipe.