Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lime-Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches

I had some leftover chicken from Sunday's chicken pounding fest...I got a little carried away but I have no more stress! I actually saw a similar chicken sandwich in a magazine so when I had the chicken all ready to go I thought what the heck.

The Lime Pepper seasoning is the kind in the GIANT container from Sam's. We like it better than lemon pepper and I think for this sandwich the lime works better with the pineapple. If anyone would like to share my vat of seasoning just let me know. Show up with your bottle. If you don't have the lime seasoning use salt and pepper and really hit it with the lime juice.

Lime-Pineapple Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients:
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to ~1/4 inch thick
Lime Pepper seasoning
1/4 c. lime juice
4-6 slices of pineapple (I used 1 1/2 slices per sandwich)
spinach leaves
4 Kaiser rolls or whole wheat buns toasted
Mayo of your choice
  1. Pound out your chicken to about 1/4 inch thick cutlets; this makes them grill so quick and even you will do it every time
  2. Sprinkle seasoning on chicken; both sides and let it come up to room temperature; it will have a little time for the seasoning to penetrate and you always want to grill your meat at room temp so it cooks evenly. Preheat grill to med high/350-400ish
  3. Spray chicken lightly with PAM; cook 3-4 min per side or until juices run clear; baste with lime juice as the chicken cooks. Don't skimp it is yummy!
  4. Grill pineapple slices for 2-3 min per side; you don't want it to burn, just long enough to start the sugars carmelizing and to get those cool grill marks on it
  5. Let cooked chicken rest while you get the buns ready
  6. Assemble and enjoy!

No comments: