I pretty much followed the original recipe with the exception of using baby spinach in the filling instead of spring greens. My family didn't really like the greens but liked the spinach. This looks really pretty fanned out on your plate and is special enough for company.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8 wedges Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese
2 cups tomato sauce, seasoned (or doctored up pasta sauce)
1/2 bag spinach, chopped
1 Tbs Mrs Dash Garlic Herb Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place tomato sauce in small saucepan over low heat. Add Mrs Dash and black pepper to taste, stir well and let heat.
- Pound chicken breasts thin (~1/4") and sprinkle with Mrs Dash and pepper. Schmear each breast with two wedges of LC cheese. The cheese will spread better at room temp or you can microwave it for a few seconds to soften it up.
- Top with chopped spinach. Roll up breast like a jelly roll. Sprinkle with Mrs Dash and black pepper.
- Heat non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Pan sear rolls for a few minutes on each side.
- Spread thin layer of sauce in bottom of casserole dish. Add rolls and drizzle top with sauce. Cover with foil and bake for ~30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit 5 or so minutes.
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe.
Calories 242; Total Fat 5.64g; Total Carbohydrates 11.38g; Protein 34.76g
Tips: This is great served with a side of pasta topped with the remaining sauce from the casserole dish.