Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday, May 17, 2010

Blackberry Chicken

Yum! I got my new Taste of Home magazine on Saturday and I've already read it cover to cover twice. Yes, I am a dork. :) In the magazine this sauce was over pork but we prefer chicken and I didn't have any pork chops anyway. I was afraid that using the steak seasoning on the chicken would be too overwhelming but it was actually really good and I will definitely do that again. Just use restraint when sprinkling...

We liked this and best of all it was on the table in about 30 minutes start to finish. Actually the chicken took less than that but I was waiting for the rice to finish so if you planned a bit better or had a faster side dish this could be really speedy.

Blackberry Chicken
adapted from Taste of Home magazine
servings 4

1/2 c. seedless blackberry spreadable fruit or preserves
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
Dash ground cinnamon
pinch red pepper flakes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Montreal steak seasoning
blackberries (I used frozen, they hold their shape better than most berries and are way cheaper than fresh)

  1. In a small saucepan, combine the preserves, lemon juice, soy sauce, cinnamon and red pepper flakes.
  2. Cook and stir over low heat until the preserves melt. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Lightly sprinkle both sides of chicken with steak seasoning.
  4. Grill 8 min per side on a medium flame or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
  5. Serve with sauce and blackberries

No comments: