Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

7, I mean 6 Layer Dip


Can this be dinner? Surely it can. It's got all the important food groups, fruits and veggies, protein, dairy, whole grains. Let's call it dinner because I'm too tired to do anything more complicated. Besides, if it's just me and the girls who is going to tell?!? Not me for sure!

Everyone has their own version of this dip and they are all good. This is actually 6 layer dip because I've not convinced my family that green onions are actually NOT poisonous so they get left off. Dig in!

7, I mean 6 Layer Dip

1 can refried beans
1/2 pkt taco seasoning (I use about 2 Tbs or 2/3 pkt)
2-3 ripe avocadoes
1/2 tsp salt
juice from 1/2 lemon
sour cream
cheese (we like a Mexican cheese blend)
tomatoes
olives
green onions if you are brave

Mix the beans with the taco seasoning. Spread out onto platter.

Mash the avocadoes well with a fork. Stir in salt and lemon juice. Layer over the beans.

Spread sour cream over the guacamole so that it's almost completely covered. This will help it not go dark and ugly looking.

Sprinkle lots of cheese, tomatoes and olives over the top.

Crack open a bag of chips and enjoy!

No comments: