Mr Jiggle's favorite ice cream is Rocky Road; he could eat it every day. This is a tribute to that beloved food group.
Rocky Road Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
1 Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1 cup sour )cream
2 tsp pure vanilla
1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 c. chopped almonds
1 jar marshmallow fluff
- Mix cake mix, milk, oil, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, flour and baking soda until combined.
- Mix on med-high in mixer for 2 minutes
- Fold in chopped nuts
- Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 c. batter
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack
- When cupcakes are cool core and set aside cores
- Fill cupcakes with a couple teaspoons of marshmallow fluff
- Replace cake cores in cupcakes. Squish them down if you need to.
1 cup room temp butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 baking cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
2 lbs (ish) powdered sugar
A few tablespoons milk
- Cream butter and vanilla together
- Add cocoa and salt until butter is smooth and chocolaty
- Alternate adding milk and powdered sugar until frosting is the consistency and sweetness you desire.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes
- Decorate with miniature marshmallows and additional chopped almonds