I think that spring may finally be here and with it a desire to get outside and fire up the grill! I love my grill...I know that I bought it for "Father's Day" for Randy but let's be really honest. It was for me and I use it a ton once it warms up. Anything that can cut down on the amount of dirty dishes after a meal is A-OK with me!
So...in honor of the start of grilling season I broke out the marinade in yummy, zesty, citrusy flavor and came up with a Fiesta Lime Chicken that is similar to Applebee's. I've used lots of lime and instead of tequila, orange juice so the fruity flavor is stronger than the entree at Applebee's. The cream dressing is a bit different as well. I think it would be great with a bit of cilantro added but since I'm the only one that likes cilantro, well you know, it's without.
And, the dressing will work with reduced fat ingredients if you choose. Real cheese will of course melt better however. :)
Fiesta Lime Chicken
1 cup water
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
3 cloves garlic clove, chopped
1 Tbs orange juice
1 tsp liquid smoke
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbs salsa
1 Tbs milk
1 tsp Cajun spice
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp dried dill weed
1/4 tsp cumin
1 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
1. Whisk together the first 8 ingredients; place chicken in freezer bag; pour marinade over top and let sit for at least 2 hours
2. Dressing: Whisk together the next 9 ingredients, cover and chill until needed
3. Grill the marinated chicken for 3-5 minutes per side or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. DISCARD MARINADE.
4. Brush grilled chicken with dressing, sprinkle generously with cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
5. Can serve over corn chips or sprinkle corn chip crumbs on top.
6. NI is figured without the chips
Calories 438.44; Total Fat 13.08g; Fiber 0.51g