Print button

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Honey Poppy Seed Fruit Salad

One of the things that I love the most about spring is the fruit. I love that I start to see the prices in the store inch down to where I feel like I can actually eat fresh fruit again without feeling like I need to get a second job. I'm pretty sure that I could live on fruit salad if it came right down to it.

Bri had to take a salad to a church activity the other day and we both had busy days right up to almost the time she needed to walk out the door. We needed something fast and easy and this definitely qualified and was deliciously yummy to boot.

We used fresh strawberries and bananas with frozen blackberries and blueberries because that is what we had at home that didn't require a special trip to the store. Personally I think that fresh raspberries and pineapple would be particularly good as well. Use the fruit you like and that your family will enjoy the most. The dressing is super mild and just enhances the flavor of the fruit rather than overpowering it so what ever you choose to use will be fabulous!

Honey Poppy Seed Fruit Salad
servings 8-10

3 cups sliced strawberries
3 largish bananas
2 cups blackberries
1 1/2 cup blueberries
5 T. honey
2 tsp lemon juice
1 T. poppy seeds

In a large bowl combine the bananas and berries. In a small bowl combine the honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Pour over fruit and toss or stir gently to coat.

No comments: